Do you know which is the most expensive watch in the world?
It is Graff Diamonds Hallucination which is worth $55 million. The price is truly mesmerizing! This aesthetically pleasing watch is the result of a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes of diamonds which was expertly placed by Graff Diamonds.
Everyone loves expensive watches. But do you know who are the top brands that manufacture & produce them?
In this article, we will talk about the top luxury watch brands in the world which have been producing luxurious watches for over a hundred years and continue to do this successfully nowadays. These premium watch brands are not just telling the time but It’s also a reflection of one’s savor and stature.
You won’t want just any antiquated timepiece adorning your wrist, you always look for those changes that speak about your personal style: a face made from polished and sturdy metal, a band of high-end and comfortable leather or fabric.
All watches are not designed the same, there are bifurcations in each and every watch and in their brands. In fact, some of them are in a league of their own. By integrating majestic artistry with a modish aesthetic, grandeur watches are so much more than manageable accessories.
So, if you’re looking for a timepiece ornament that’ll provide fashion and function for years to come, these best watch brands are known for their royalty & quality.
Top luxury & premium watch brands of 2021
Here, we’re introducing the best collection of expensive watch brands. Let’s have a look-
Despite the soaring popularity of Rolex’s iconic timepieces, each watch is still made by hand. And Internationally recognized as a prestige symbol, Rolex watches are forever in high demand. exemplary for gents who appreciate a high-quality construction and elegant design without an excessive price tag, Rolex timepieces are chic, smart and excellent value.
- Famous wearers: Mark Wahlberg, Justin Timberlake, Orlando Bloom, David Beckham, Kanye West
- Price range: $5,000 – $650,000+
- Most expensive Rolex sold: Bao Dai Rolex for $5 million in 2017
Omega SA is a Swiss luxury watchmaker founded in 1848 by Louis Brandt. The Omega Speedmaster Professional Chronograph worn by Buzz Aldrin in 1969, was the first watch on the Moon. Their watch models for men- Constellation, Omega Seamaster, Omega Speedmaster, De Ville, Specialties and for women Constellation, Seamaster, Speedmaster, De Ville, Specialities.
- Famous wearers: Daniel Craig, Elvis Presley, Steve Carrell
- Price range: $1,000 – $708,742
- Most expensive Omega watch sold at: Seamaster Planet Ocean for $250,250.
3. TAG HEUER
Like many high-end watch companies, this Swiss watch manufacturing company was established in Switzerland. Tag Heuer also produces eyewear, mobile phones, and accessories. Its name is an abbreviation of ‘Techniques d’Avant Garde’ and Heuer refers to the founder, Edouard Heuer.
While the watches have evolved over the decades, they still possess a persisting sports-like look and popular among race-car drivers. With a range of chronographs and classic timepieces available, this brand boasts a technological appeal and premium functionality.
- Famous wearers: Patrick Dempsey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Barack Obama.
- Price range: $1,500 – $10,000+
- Most expensive Tag Heuer sold: Steve McQueen’s Heuer for $799,500 in 2012
4. PATEK PHILIPPE SA
Patek Philippe SA is a luxury Swiss watch that produces some of the most coveted and high-end timepieces in the world. It is considered by many experts and aficionados to be one of the most fascinating and prestigious watch brands. In November 2014, Patek Philippe Henry Graves Supercomplication holds the title of the most expensive watch with a price of $24 million.
- Famous wearers: Queen Victoria, Prince Albert, Christian IX, Princess Louise of Denmark, Victor Emmanuel III of Italy, Ellen DeGeneres, Robert Downey Jnr, and John Mayer.
- Price range: $15,000 – $1 million+
- Most expensive Patek Philippe sold: Henry Graves Supercomplication watch for $24 million.
Part of the LVMH group, Hublot is one of the famous watch brands, established in 1980. Hublot has the ability to create timepieces that combine tradition and innovation. it was the first luxury watchmaker to combine gold and natural rubber In 2010 they were appointed the official Watchmaker of F1.
- Famous wearers: Kylie Jenner, Kobe Bryant, Jay Z, Usain Bolt.
- Price range: $4,200 – $5 million+
- Most expensive Hublot sold: Hublot King Power Model Limited Edition Tourbillon for $191,723 in 2014v
6. VACHERON CONSTANTIN
Vacheron Constantin is one of the oldest manufacturers of luxury timepieces, was founded by Jean-Marc Vacheron in 1755 and Napoleon Bonaparte was an owner of one of their watches. From the Richemont Group, these timepieces truly reflect their ancestry with meticulous detailing alongside traditional shapes and styling, these timepieces are unique.
- Famous wearers: Marlon Brando, Donald Trump, Kate Bosworth, Pope Pius XI Harry Truman, Gustaf Mannerheim, Rick Ross.
- Price range: $18,000 – $6 million+
- Most expensive Vacheron Constantin sold: King Fouad for $2.77 mln in 2005
7. AUDEMARS PIGUET
Founded in 1875, Audemars Piguet produces 36,000 of its prestigious watches a year. Still owned today by its original founding families: Jules-Louis Audemars and Edward. This prominent brand is also noted for creating the first steel luxury sports watch. In 1972, this was dubbed the Royal Oak and then brand created the first oversized watch- The Royal Oak Offshore(1993)
- Famous wearers: James Corden, Tom Cruise, Justin Bieber, Lebron James, Kevin Hart, Usher
- Price range: $7,000 – $850,000+
- Most expensive Audemars Piguet sold: Signed Audemars Piguet Geneve Leap Year Perp for $545,000 in 2015
The luxury Swiss timepiece brand, Jaeger-LeCoultre features watches boasting faces with unique and precise detailing. Since 1833, this brand has sustained the initial envisions for the brand and creating the world’s smallest watch caliber. which was innovation and unique clarity. The classic elements of these timepieces are particularly appealing because they can be worn again and again.
- Famous wearers: Pierce Brosnan, Robert Downey Jr., January Jones, Matt Damon, Queen Elizabeth II, Christian Bale.
- Price range: $5,000 – $2 million+
- Most expensive Jaeger-LeCoultre sold: Atmos 561 for $425,000 in 2013
9. A. LANGE & SÖHNE
Founded in 1845 in Germany, A Lange & Söhne is one of the country’s most popular producers of luxury timepieces. Although the company was forced to close its doors in 1948, the founder’s great-grandson Walter Lange revived the brand in 1990 and have gone on to make their mark on the luxury timepiece making industry with their highly complicated watches.
- Famous wearers: Vladimir Putin, Carmelo Anthony
- Price range: $15,000 – $1 million+
- Most expensive A. Lange & Söhne sold: The Platinum Tourbillon for $333,000 in 2005
Began in 1860, Chopard is not only known for their unique timepieces, but also for their jewelry. It was founded by Louis-Ulysse Chopard, a Swiss watchmaker, Chopard is identifiable for its classic look and pinpoint detailing. With state-of-the-art technological influence craftsmanship, Chopard is coveted because of its sophisticated models. With an iconic design aesthetic and innovative development, Chopard has grown into a worldwide luxury brand.
- Famous wearers: Michael Fassbender, Colin Firth, Kate Winslet.
- Price range: $5,040 – $60,000+
- Most expensive Chopard sold: Chopard 210 Karat $26 million in 2014
Blancpain was under the ownership of the Blancpain family from 1735 up until 1932. Blancpain underwent big developments, with its growth thriving in the 19th century, updating and modernizing production and innovation of their timepieces. It is currently a subsidiary of the Swatch Group and has a broad range of different watches available; including minimalistic designs as well as more elaborately styled pieces.
- Famous wearers: Vladimir Putin, Jacques Cousteau, Francis Ford Coppola.
- Price range: $7,500 – $1.5 million+
- Most expensive Blancpain sold: Marilyn Monroe’s cocktail watch for $250,000 in 2016
12. ULYSSE NARDIN
Ulysse Nardin is a luxury Swiss watch manufacturer founded in 1846 by Ulysse Nardin. It is one of the largest and most trusted watch brands. Ulysse Nardin Watches are famous for their unique work of art – each and every Tellurium is unique.
Their Classic collection includes a wide variety of beautiful styles and breathtaking complications. Some featured Ulysse Nardin watches are Marine chronometer annual calendar manufacture, Diver Locle, Classico Jade.
- Famous wearers: Michael Jordan, Larry King
- Price range: $2,300 – $285,000
- Most expensive Ulysse Nardin sold: Royal Blue Tourbillon for $1.25 million
Cartier is a Swiss luxury watchmaker founded in 1847 by Louis-François Cartier. It is Parisian jewelry and watches company, with a history of eminent amongst celebrities and royals.
- Famous wearers: John F Kennedy, Angelina Jolie, Sofia Vergara,
- Price range: $2,300 – $2.5 million+
- Most expensive Cartier watch sold: Panther Bangle Watch for $660,000
Here is a nice graph showing the popularity of the top 5 premium watch manufacturing companies in the past 5 years.
It is clearly visible that Rolex is leading the race of top luxury watch brands in the world ahead of Omega, TAG Heuer, Patek Philippe & Hublot. With that, we came to the end of this article. I hope, you enjoyed reading the article.