Best Sunscreen Lotion in India 2020 To Get Best Protection Under The Sun
Last Updated on September 4, 2020 by Editorial Team
Sunscreen is one of the best products for your skin to keep it free from tan and other infections. The number of skin cancer cases is rising every year. The good news is there has been an increase in demand for sun protection products to prevent the disease. As the number of people who are becoming aware of the need for sun protection is increasing, sunscreen lotions and creams are taking the lion’s share of sun protection products in the market.
Hundreds of sunscreen brands are claiming to be the best sunscreens in the business making it confusing for many customers. The question as to which sunscreen is best for you can be answered by understanding what sunscreens are for, what they are made of, and how you should use them.
Sunscreen is a chemical used to prevent ultraviolet radiation from hurting the skin. UVA and UVB are two types of ultraviolet radiation that can damage the skin and cause skin cancer. UVA penetrates more into the skin compared to the latter and is known to be the main cause of skin wrinkling, sagging, and skin cancer itself. UVB, on the other hand, causes sunburn. Though sunscreens may not totally get rid of any UV damage to the skin, it can protect the skin when used properly.
UVA protection can be measured on a ranking of 1-4, low to high. When you see the “broad spectrum” sunscreens label, it means that it contains chemicals like Zinc Oxide, Parsol, and Mexoryl that prevents radiation from penetrating the skin. Some sunscreens also have a chemical called Helioplex which can make other chemicals last longer in the skin.
SPF is used to measure the ability of a sunscreen to prevent UV radiation from damaging the skin. To make it easier to understand, the more SPF the better. Some sunscreens come with an SPF 15 which blocks approximately 93% of UVB rays. The best sunscreens have higher SPF that can block 93-99% of UV Radiation. It remains a fact, however, that no sunscreen can really protect you a hundred percent from UV rays.
Sunscreens come in many forms including creams, gels, sprays, moisturizers, and more. The choice depends on what you think will feel good on your skin and which is easier to apply. If you are planning on swimming or doing activities that will make you sweat a lot, look for water-resistant sunscreens.
Sunscreens can be weighed by their ability to protect against UVA and UVB Radiation. Aside from those three, you also need to know that no sunscreen is expected to stay in effect for longer than two hours, meaning you need to reapply before the time is up.
Sometimes the effectiveness of even the best sunscreens in the market depends on how you use them, where you use them, and how long you stay under the sun. If you carefully consider these things, then choosing the best sunscreen for sun protection is an easy task.
Benefits of using a Sunscreen
- It helps us to maintain an even skin tone, If you don’t cover your face when you are walking in the sunshine, your spots after blemishes will for sure become darker and darker. And eventually, it will take a couple of years to fade. Make a habit of using sunscreen every day. I think most people don’t do that just because formulas of sunscreens are not the most pleasant and elegant to be putting on every day.
- A good sunscreen keeps you looking young. A good sunscreen fights against the development of wrinkles and leathery skin. It also prevents facial brown spots and skin discoloration. It is important for all skin types. It protects you for more than normal sunburn. If you have ever experienced the effect of sunburn-like red & burning skin then you very well understand how bad it can be.
- It will help you to achieve your healthy skin goals. It will probably make you review your habits about your sun consumption, when you know that more than 90% of what we recognize as Aging skin is, in fact, Sun Damaged Skin. All of those dark spots, red spot, crappy skin, sagging skin, deep wrinkles everything on this list is caused by the sun and not by age. People assume that it’s only being outside when an SPF cream is needed. By did you know that it doesn’t matter whether it’s a sunny day or a rainy one, summer or winter – UV rays are affecting your skin.
- Acne is a common skin disease and most of the teenagers get affected by it. This is because hormonal alterations cause the sebaceous glands to be over-active. There are types of sunscreen available in the market today to fight against acne and another skin disease. A few are available over the counter while others require a doctor’s prescription.
- The extreme sebum production clogs the skin causes infection. Do not be too troubled if you have acne as this is a general phase of an adolescents life. Read more about acne, pimples, and blackheads. Find out how you can keep it under control. There are many various acne treatments obtainable. Playing outside all day in the sun is very well known for damaging skin, causing suntan and burning. Suntan lotion and sunscreens are available at particular levels in order to help protect people from the damaging effects of UV rays. Shop through our list in order to find a great deal and some of the best sunscreen lotions on today’s market.
The Best Sunscreens lotions in India
|Product Name||Best For|
|Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock||Removing dryness||Buy Here|
|Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel||UV rays protection||Buy Here|
|Biotique Bio Sandalwood Sunscreen||Ultra Soothing Face Lotion||Buy Here|
|Lakme Sun Expert SPF 24 PA||Fairness UV Sunscreen||Buy Here|
|Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Sun Expert||UV rays protection, Smoothing||Buy Here|
|NIVEA (SPF 50)||Sunscreen Lotion, Sun Protect, and Moisturizer||Buy Here|
|VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme||Water Resistant Sunscreen||Buy Here|
|Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Pro-Defence Sunblock||Sports Sun cream||Buy Here|
|Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion||Oil removal||Buy Here|
|Aroma Magic Cucumber Sun Screen Lotion||Cucumber extract for freshness||Buy Here|
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock
Neutrogena is an American brand of skincare. Neutrogena try its best to manufacture the best product and its entire product is formulated to a specific skin concern and to regenerate it. If you prefer a sunscreen with only physical UV blockers, we recommend readily available SPF 50+ formulas from Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sun-block.
When you apply this cream it will leave your skin soft, smooth and also tanning free. The best part of this cream is that it’s Oil-free, Waterproof, sweat-proof, resists rub-off. Men and women of any skin type, both can use this cream. Neutrogena is distributing cosmetic and other beauty-related products for 70 years all over the world.
2. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel
Lotus Herbals is an Indian company which provides the best cosmetics, Ayurvedic skincare, and hair care products. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel, SPF 50, 100g has a thin texture for its SPF rating, making it one of the easiest sunscreens to apply of all those we’ve tested. Women can apply liberally and evenly on face and exposed parts of the body like neck, arms, etc.
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen formula also helps soothe and rejuvenate your skin, while reducing oiliness and refining pores. It does not irritate the skin as well.
3. Biotique Bio Sandalwood Sunscreen
The best part of this cream is that its 100% Ayurvedic cream & Water-resistant. It gives broad-spectrum sun protection with a high SPF of 50. As it is water-resistant, so, it’s perfect to wear when you’re going into water or to the beach.
If you don’t care about applying a sunscreen, you probably should start right away. It has a light and non-greasy texture and also offers UVA and UVB protection. So, if you’re looking for a high-quality sunscreen that’s budget-friendly and is gentle on your skin, this one by Biotique is very popular.
4. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 24 PA
Lakme is the most trusted cosmetic company in India. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 24 PA Fairness UV Sunscreen Lotion not only protects your skin from exposure to harmful sun rays but also helps improve your skin’s elasticity while preventing photoaging. The cream is very lightweight and absorbs easily into the skin.
Lakme Sun Expert contains cucumber and lemongrass extracts. Lakme is one of the best formulas in the market today for anyone looking for sunscreen at very reasonable prices. It provides protection against UVA and UVB rays.
5. Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Sun Expert
This sunscreen from Khadi is a water-resistant, herbal formula. It’s enriched with antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that will protect your skin from sun exposure. It feels incredibly lightweight and gentle on the skin and also helps the skin in maintaining its health and appearance. Khadi Herbal Aloe Vera Sun Expert holds moisture in and forms an invisible barrier on your skin.
6. NIVEA (SPF 50)
Nivea Sun Lotion has a very light and non-sticky formula which gets quickly absorbed in the skin. Both men and women can use this product. This high protection sunscreen from Nivea works brilliantly for sensitive, acne-prone skin. It comes in a tube packaging with a pump dispenser, making it an extremely travel-friendly option. This cream leaves your skin looking fresh and radiant all through the day.
7. VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme
VLCC is a cosmetic and beauty slimming company widely recognized for its beauty products. The VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme is a sweat-free formula that provides proper protection against UVA and UVB rays. Its non-greasy formula gives your skin a nice, perfect finish. It provides broad-spectrum protection from the sun’s UVA and UVB rays & suitable for all skin types. Both Men & Women can use this cream. So, If you’re looking for a non-greasy gel-based sunscreen lotion then VLCC Water Resistant Sunscreen Gel Creme is something that will definitely work for you.
8. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Pro-Defence Sunblock
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Sports Pro-Defence Sunblock Spf has a wonderful creamy texture. It is a very lightweight cream and gets absorbed into the skin easily. It’s a miracle product for hot summer days when you don’t feel like applying too many products on your skin. Its watery texture won’t clog your pores or cause any breakouts. If you have oily, acne-prone skin, I highly recommend you to try this formula.
This is undoubtedly one of the best sunscreens for oily skin. It’s a gel-based formula that is so easy to use. It spreads easily, has an incredible fragrance, and leaves your skin feeling refreshed and cool. It also protects skin from UVA and UVB rays. Both Men & Women can use this product on their face. I highly recommend Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion to anyone with an oily to combination skin type.
10. Aroma Magic Cucumber Sun Screen Lotion
This gel-based aloe very sunscreen is a lightweight, nutrient-rich formula that provides full protection against UVA and UVB rays. It is very lightweight & nutrient-rich cream. It also helps you to Prevents premature aging and tanning. It holds moisture in and forms an invisible barrier on your skin. You can apply this cream over cleansed face and neck, before sun exposure.
However, if you are concerned about your skincare then opt for the best sunscreen for your skin. We have suggested the best top 10 sunscreen for your skin type, you can apply these creams 30 minutes before heading the outdoors. After using our recommended sunscreens you find your skin looking fresh and natural.
Whether you want to glow your skin or you want protection from deadly UV rays, you can choose among the best sunscreen in India that we have jotted down for you. You must know the use of different ones as they have different circumstances to use. Know your criteria and choose the one from the above list and enjoy a glowing and gorgeous skin to boost your personality and confidence along with healthy and soft skin to show.