Yoga is known for its calming meditative benefits. But the bigger question which comes to our mind that can it help any person to loose weight & get rid of obesity.
Well to get answer, you first have to understand that there are two types of yoga practices.
One form of yoga is meditative yoga – They are purely meditative in nature like asanas, pranayama, hatha yoga etc. They have enormous mental benefits like enhancing your life meaning and purpose but they do not directly help you to lose weight.
And then there is high-intensity yoga. These are more intense yoga like Ashtanga. These have more movement and flow to them.
So when yoga is used in this manner, it does help to directly loose weight and change your body composition. These are more popular workout method due to its efficiency and effectiveness. It helps you to burn the tyres, increase blood flow, improve muscle tonality and flexibility and you are creating more fat burning mechanism in the body.
Yoga is a much better option to lose weight in comparison to high stress – high anxiety-inducing workout in the gym. Yoga in all its form brings mental clarity and a deeper connection to yourself.
Best yoga DVDs for weight loss
If you are a beginner to fitness who wants to get in shape or incorporate yoga into your exercise plan or fitness enthusiast who want to reduce your weight & obesity than you can buy any of these DVDs.
- 1. Yoga for Weight Loss (Deluxe 3 DVD set with over 35 routines)
- 2. Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss
- 3. Element: Yoga for Weight Loss
- 4. Yoga Boost – Beginners Yoga For Men And Women Who Don’t Normally Do Yoga
- 5. Beginners & Beyond: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners
- 6. Colleen Saidman’s Yoga for Weight Loss
- 7. Yoga Sweat Yoga DVD for Weight Loss with Julie Schoen – Powerful and Fun Yoga
1. Yoga for Weight Loss (Deluxe 3 DVD set with over 35 routines)
Either you are a beginner or have watched lots of Yoga video, you will find this amazing & useful. These DVDs are designed in such a way that it will not only help you loose weight but also reduce the likelihood of stress eating, increase body awareness which will lead to improved sleep, better eating habits, and increased self-awareness.
There are 3 disc with over 35 routines designed for both beginners and more advanced students to transform their body & mind with simple instructions.
Disc 1: Flow Yoga – Strength & Flexibility – Includes 8 expert instructional routines:
- Warm-up (10 minutes)
- General Flow (20 Minutes)
- Core Strength (45 Minutes)
- Legs (40 Minutes)
- Arms (40 Minutes)
- Hips (45 Minutes)
- Back (35 Minutes)
- Cool Down (18 Minutes)
Disc 2: Yoga for Weight Loss – Beginners & Beyond – Routine sections include:
- Getting Started
- As You Progress
- Yoga with Weights & More
Disc 3 – Power Yoga for Every Body – Routines include:
- AM and PM practices
- Increased flexibility
- Strength & Balance building practices
- Stress Relief
- Special interview with the instructor
- and many more!
2. Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss
Suzanne Deason is well known for her work on Pilates Conditioning for Weight Loss (2001) and BalanceBall Fitness: Beginner’s Workout (2002). In this DVD she has presents this holistic and natural approach to weight loss through a series of yoga exercises.
This DVD program has some key features that make it more effective & worth the price. The same workout is presented in five different levels of skill and you can choose your workout level using Multi-Angle. The audio instruction explains the specific moves for each level. Along with this, you also get Excercise, Nutrition and Weight Management Guide.
3. Element: Yoga for Weight Loss
This yoga for weightloss DVD has been designed by Ashley turner – a popular Yoga instructor. She has applied her knowledge of psychology and yoga techniques, to follow a unique approach to achieve overall mental and physical fitness. It combines active vinyasa flow sequences with strengthening poses that build muscle and create a more toned, streamlined physique.
If you are a newcomer to yoga and looking for weightloss yoga DVD, this is just perfect. The instructions in the video are knowledgeable and encouraging with clear and concise instruction.
4. Yoga Boost – Beginners Yoga For Men And Women Who Don’t Normally Do Yoga
Yoga Boost is a complete yoga system for beginners that will help them to boost their morning workout routine, metabolism and fitness goals.
You can build your muscles, lose weight, get relief from lower back pain, boost muscle recovery and accelerate your fitness goals while reducing the risk of injury.
Their are 5 episodes included:
- Yoga Sharpen – 21 min – focuses on the fundamentals. Designed to improve your flexibility, your strength, and your control over your body.
- Yoga Strength – 26 min – focuses on building muscles & lose weight in a safe, low impact way.
- Yoga Sweat – 26 min – Power yoga class for beginners to get your heart pumping and your muscles burning.
- Yoga Stretch and De-Stress – 27 min – This multi-purpose stretch and de-stress workout will help you to get relief after the other sessions, relive sore muscles on your rest day or as an evening practice to get good sleep.
5. Beginners & Beyond: Yoga For Weight Loss for Beginners
The Yoga for Beginners and Beyond comes with three full-length DVDs and a special bonus challenging routines to help you progress. With 2 levels of routines, this DVD is perfect for both the beginner and seasoned student alike. It contains 12+ easy to follow routines to get you into great shape. Now you can burn calories while toning and stretching your entire body.
- Format: Multiple Formats, Anamorphic, Color, NTSC
- Language: English
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Run Time: 240 minutes
6. Colleen Saidman’s Yoga for Weight Loss
This DVD has been designed by Colleen Saidman – an American yoga instructor and yoga celebrity – which includes three results-oriented routines with real women in mind. All the instructions are concise & clear with each routine well placed.
The workout is designed to promote strength and flexibility while also building a healthy mind-body connection. Stress eating can ruin your weight loss goals & this workout also help to reduce stress.
You can chose between three levels:
- Beginner: If you haven’t done any kind of yoga or workout in the past 6 month
- Intermediate: Active in sports, dance or any regular exercise
- Advanced: Very active in sports or consistently work out four or more times per week.
7. Yoga Sweat Yoga DVD for Weight Loss with Julie Schoen – Powerful and Fun Yoga
This amazing DVD collection consists of 80 minutes of invigorating and playful yoga workouts that help you burn the most calories, tone total bodies, and increase flexibly. With this, you also get a bonus warm-up and cool-down videos.
Julie Schoen has designed this weight loss yoga DVD by mixing up the traditional yoga asanas with her creative flowing style. With this metabolism-boosting yoga routine, you can melt calories and tone up trouble spots.
The DVD includes two seasons: Session 1 focus on burning calories and building heat while Session 2 keep the sweat going with a vigorous sequence of yoga poses. Exercise watching these videos, eat clean, and you’ll be able to transform your body!
I hope you find these yoga DVDs program for weight loss helpful. Just remember one thing – Consistency – It is the key to progressing in your practice. Soon you will develop greater body awareness and you will notice changing dynamics in your body.
Thanks for visiting 😊 .