Best Yoga DVD for Beginners To Feel Great & Look Younger
Last Updated on September 4, 2020 by Editorial Team
Yoga has obviously proved itself over tens of thousands of years. If you are beginners & even if you only practice for one hour a week, it will improve and enhance your life meaning and purpose.
If you have never done meditation or Yoga before, we will help you find out beginner yoga DVD. These are good ones to learn as you build a regular yoga practice.
But first let us understand, why you should purchase these yoga workouts CDs.
The practise of yoga enables people to manage their stress response. It enables them to cope with stress and emotion in a big way.
Even just a few minutes of yoga a week will make you more mentally alert happier and healthier. Oxford University found that people who practice yoga even once a week we’re less stressed out have lower blood pressure and slept better at night.
Yoga is not just good for your mental health. According to the National Institute of Health, it’s proven to help with musculoskeletal issues especially lower back pain. It can even help relieve asthma
Due to all these reason, people nowadays are more eager to learn this Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline which includes breath control, simple meditation, and the adoption of specific bodily postures.
For all those who just starting out and looking for best yoga videos for beginners, this article belongs to you.
Best yoga DVD for beginners 2020
1. Gentle Yoga: 7 Beginning Yoga Practices for Mid-life (40’s – 70’s)
This beginners yoga DVD is perfect way to stretch & strengthen your entire body, improve balance, posture & range of motion, & increase overall health & wellness.
The many poses included in these 7 practices are effective, yet gentle & easy enough for beginners & those in mid-life.
- Lying Practice (34 min) A relaxing full body practice with breath work, all done lying on your back.
- Morning Energy (18 min) Easy standing movements to awaken & energize your whole body.
- Relief from Desk & computer work (19 min) Poses to relief stiffness from desk work and improve posture.
- Improving Balance (22 min) Poses to improve balance, and strengthen your feet, ankles, legs and hips.
- Core Strength & Flexibility (34 min) Floor work to strengthen the core, and create supple flexible spine & hips.
- Standing Poses Flowing & Traditional (23 min) Standing poses to develop confidence, grace, strength & flexibility.
- Evening Practice (29 min) Gentle inversions, forward bend, and lying poses to unwind & relax your body & mind.
- Relaxation (8 min) Enjoy a wonderful guided relaxation.
2. Rodney Yee’s Complete Yoga for Beginners
This yoga program DVD has been developed by Rodney Yee – well know American yoga instructor. He has his own style of yoga called Iyengar Yoga that has benefited many individuals by achieving healthier lifestyles across the world.
This DVD includes four beginner yoga practices, each with a different benefit.
- Yoga Basics (20 minutes) This slower paced routine walks you through the basic yoga poses, including Mountain, Plank and Cobra, and guides you through simple bends and twists.
- Yoga for Flexibility (20 minutes) Stretch the body slowly and deeply with this relaxing practice that focuses on increasing your range of motion.
- Yoga for Energy (20 minutes) A perfect way to start the day. These gentle yoga sequences will get your blood flowing and draw energy up and through the body.
- Yoga for Relaxation (20 minutes) Transition from your busy day to a series of slow, mindful movements allowing you to calm the mind and release stress.
Bonus Practice: Yoga Express Ten-minute digital download practice perfect for the yogi on the go!
3. Jillian Michaels: Yoga Meltdown [DVD]
If you are an entry level fitness enthusiast, then you should truly look at Yoga Meltdown. It is a highly affordable workout DVD for a beginner or for an active recovery workout. Combining hard-core yoga power poses with her dynamic training techniques helps to lose weight along with keeping your mind and body healthy.
YOGA MELTDOWN includes two complete 30-minute workouts that include a warm-up and cooldown.
- Yoga Meltdown 1 Time: 35 minutes: It focuses on quickly flowing yoga sequences to burn mega calories.
- Yoga Meltdown 2 Time: 30 minutes: It adds twists and balance poses for an even greater burn.
4. Yoga for Beginners DVD: 8 Yoga Video Routines for Beginners
Lot’s of people don’t try yoga because they are afraid it’ll be too difficult. But this YOGA FOR BEGINNERS is the perfect way to be introduced to Yoga. It has been designed by Barbara Benagh – with 35-year experience in Yoga training. This contains top-selling Yoga DVDs in the USA that offer choice, allowing the user to customize and change their yoga practice to suit their needs.
If you have got only 20 minutes to practice or want to do intense yoga for a longer duration (90 minutes), you will find all kind of routines. If you are eager to transform yourself to feel great & look younger than this can be your choice.
5. Element: Beginner Level Yoga
Are you brand new to yoga? Then this Beginner Level Yoga program will surely help you to build muscle tone, enhance flexibility, improve balance, release stress & increase your confidence with yoga.
Alanna Zabel is the founder of AZIAM Yoga and is well know Yoga instructor with over 25 years of experience in fitness/wellness. This DVD has been designed in such a way that you will feel that you are getting one-on-one instruction in the comfort of your home.
In bonus you get 10 Minute Guided Meditation will help you to relax, feel more centred, be more present in every moment and live life to the fullest.
- Actors: Alanna Zabel
- Format: Multiple Formats, Color, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Number of discs: 1
- DVD Release Date: December 8, 2015
- Run Time: 78 minutes
6. Beginners Meditation & Mindful Stretching with Nadia Narain
Nadia Narain is the leading yoga teacher in London who teaches yoga to everyone: from professional athletes to pregnant women, to absolute beginners. This DVD provides a variety of short, meditative-based practices which are very simple yet powerful enough to leave you feeling calm and relaxed.
This is perfect for beginners or people who are brand new to Yoga. You will love her soothing voice, background music – Well worth the purchase.
This DVD include 3 practices
- Practice 1 focuses on a gentle flow when you are feeling tired and have less energy for a dynamic practice.
- Practice 2 focuses on a more strengthening, fluid flow for those days when you have more energy and want to burn off some tension.
- Practice 3 focuses on quickly relieving your body from stress & anxiety.
The more control we have in our mind, the more power we have in our life. And Yoga is best way to achieve this. That’s all in this article. Hope you find best yoga videos for beginners. Thanks for visiting.